Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow is Melting

We had a good time with the snow yesterday. It really came down yesterday evening in quarter-size flakes and though it was pretty wet, it was still fun to play in. My daughter had a blast and didn't want to come in. Something she didn't know or understand was how rare it was to have snow this far south. It even snowed in Pensacola, FL.
I will say that it was dangerous to drive in but not because of the snow itself. The drivers around here had no idea that you really should turn your headlights on and not drive over the speed limit. We saw a few good'uns yesterday driving like maniacs. I was a little worried about driving in it because my wife was worried about it. At the same time, I was amazed at how everything looked covered in snow. I had never seen any of Albany covered in snow like that. I kept telling my wife and daughter to enjoy the view. I was in awe of how God powdered the trees and made this place I was so familiar with look like a different place. It was a day of Norman Rockwell views.

No comments: