Friday, April 20, 2012

Gearing Up For the Weekend Run

It's been a great week so far and feeling good with my running and my choices in my diet. This weekend adds another two miles to Saturday's long run bringing it to a 12 miler. I've had some good luck in the route. I used Google Maps to chart out a loop (http://g.co/maps/hunxd). I also got my Nathan's X-Ceed hydration vest in the mail this week and ready to try it out. It holds 2 liters of water in the back and has a pocket in the front that will hold gels and/or food.

Next weekend is Athens Twilight so I will miss my 14 miler and be back the following weekend for the 16 miler. For the 16, I have modified the above loop to add on the 4 extra miles.

What I'm looking for this weekend- 1) my ability to slow the pace down and possibly mix in some fast walking. It may not be necessary to walk but I need to start mixing some in since I know it will happen on the 50 miler. 2) eating and drinking while I run and what effects will come from that 3) follow up 6 mile run on Sunday


Nathan's X-Ceed 2L

No comments: