Monday, April 16, 2012

NFC Training Update #2 4/16/12

Apparently one recording was too much for my computer mic so no video log today.


Weight as of this morning was 197.4 for a loss of 2.6lbs.

Ran 8 miles last Sunday, 2 on Tuesday at a 7:55min pace, 2 on Wednesday, rode 31 miles on the bike Thursday with a group at 18.64mph average, ran 10 miles Saturday at 9min pace, and kayaked on Sunday instead of running the 5 miler.

Nothing to note on the 2 milers. The bike ride was with a B group that rode a little faster than what I was ready for I guess. The average is in the 18s but the group would hit highs of 25 at times and it was tough taking over to lead as I felt like I had nothing in the tank. I was exhausted at the end of that ride. The run on Saturday was okay. I waited until after 9am to go out and that was a mistake as it got hot pretty quick. Next Saturday I will run closer to 7am so I don't overheat. My hydration vest should be in and I can run any route I want without worrying about having water or food.

This week will pretty much be the same with the 2/2/2 mid week runs but may ride again on Thursday. Saturday long runs will be tougher each week. Ideally, I need to get use to eating and drinking a little while running so I can keep going and maintain a pace. I also need to slow it down a bit so I don't go out too fast.

The good thing from the week was pushing a little harder on things to be uncomfortable. Two of the runs were faster than necessary and the bike ride was tough but all good training and preparation for a long ultra.

No comments: