Monday, May 14, 2012

NFC Training Update #6

Blah, blah, blah. Boring week as far as training goes. I missed last Sunday's run due to rain and I missed yesterdays run due to rain/mothers day/had to watch a chick flick with my wife type of Sunday.

No change in weight. I've settled in right at 195.

It was a 23 mile week that included an easy 10 miler (10.6) on Saturday at a 9:32 pace. It felt slower than that to me but these ten milers are easier and easier to run. I've got a tough 18 miler coming up this Saturday.

I ordered a hydration belt that has a single 20 ounce bottle that is supposed to be great for staying put and not bouncing around. I'm going to carry this for the purpose of having an electrolyte drink. This should help me get through the long runs without cramping due to loss of water. Despite the fact I drink two liters of water over 16 miles, I get cramps because I believe I'm losing it faster than I'm replacing it.

With any luck, I'll drink the electrolyte from this over the run and be able to find somewhere to refill it and add another nuun tablet to it for the remainder of the run.

No comments: